LinkWithin

Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Trot 5K

Today was the most beautiful day for a run! It's so unbelievably warm for November in Texas! But of course when the family is in town it's going to go back to freezing just in time for Thanksgiving :P Crazy Texas weather! I particpated in the Annual Turkey Trot at my alma mater Midwestern State University. Registration was one canned good(I brought green beans, my fave!) that will go to our local food bank in Wichita Falls. I love being able to help out and do something fun at the same time. I'm so glad my boss is amazing and let me off for the event :)


*And we're off! Sikes Lake is so beautiful! Three times around the lake equals 5K
*Me either jamming to Brit Brit or NKOTB (been listening to them non stop in my car and at work today on my computer since last night's performance! ha)

*Finished in 30 minutes. Not my best time (27 in pouring rain was my best!) but I'm very happy with it! :)

*DONE! :)
*Me and Crystal who was one of the volunteers and did a great job cordinating and timing the event for all of us runners
*Carolann & Marianne! We met pre-race and just hit it off. She is stationed at the AFB here. We began talking and then realised we hadn't even introduced ourselves. It was hillarious when she told me her name that was so similar to mine. And at the end of the race when we exchanged numbers and she wrote down hers, we giggled because our names are both one word and spelt so similar. Could be Mary Ann & Carol Ann but nope :) Now is that not fate? haha
I had a really wonderful time this afternoon! I love how it had always been a goal of mine to run a 5K and now I have 4 under my belt :) All in preparation for all the FEASTING I'm going to be doing in the next couple of days :)
My amazing and supportive papa was there cheering me on! I can't tell you how much it means to me to see him on the sidelines :) It really does make a difference to me mentally to know he's there. I'm so blessed to have a dad who takes an interest in events I'm involved in even when I'm 26 :) Of course he has to take a million pics of me like a proud papa! :) Hence the one above lol but I'm glad he loves to capture the moments because it comes in handy with my blog :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment